Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The weekend


Well today is back to work after a long unexpected 4 day weekend! It is so nice to get a snow day! Most of my Friday and Saturday was spent working on school - Finite - which I am taking online. Crazy, huh? It will be over in April and I will be so glad just to pass... I don't even mind if I don't make an A or B I just want to get out of there!!!! Saturday Papa Mo came by and took Savanna home with him and Nana which was a big help, I actually got to finish my homework earlier than expected.

On Sunday, Savanna and I went to Starkville to see Aunt Sara for her 20th birthday. We rode in the van with Papa Mo, Nana, Mamaw (my grandmother), and Parker. That van is not big enough for that many people. Savanna had her dvd player so we got to listen to Barney most of the way... listening to Barney is much better than listening to a crying almost 2 year old. She did fuss some on the way. It did not go as smoothly as I hoped but we finally got there. Once we got there we met Sara and Tom at Mugshots (which has the best hamburgers ever!). There was a long wait so we went across the street and Savanna played on the steps of the courthouse. This was probably good because it let her run around a little bit. We lost her brown bow somewhere along the way and I am very upset about it. I wish we could keep up with bows better. Anyway, so we had lunch and then went back to Sara's apartment which is on the 4th floor - with no elevator! So we had cake and Sara opened her birthday presents then we left and came home. Sunday night Savanna woke up about 12:30 and did not go back to sleep until 4:30. I stayed up with her for a while because Scott was finishing up painting the kitchen. Then about 3:30 Scott let me go to bed and he stayed up with her till they both fell asleep. Poor thing, he was so sleepy yesterday. Oh and Scott got me a Wii Fit Plus for Valentine's day!!!! That is what I really wanted! So that was our Sunday!

Monday I was off of work. I took off to go shopping. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE shopping! I got all kinds of good stuff including a new table and chairs for my deck! I cannot wait to use my backyard more this summer. So Amy and I went shopping, got my car fixed (it is one of the Camry's with the recall), and had lunch. It was a very nice day. Scott went to work and Savanna went to daycare and I still had to go to school that night!

Today Savanna is having her late Valentine's party at daycare. She got to wear her pajamas to daycare. She picked out her Elmo pajamas and wore her Elmo slippers AND we took her favorite movie - Bolt - to daycare for her to watch. I think she will have a good day today. Tonight I am getting my haircut! Short I think, well shoulder-length. Ok thats enough for now!

1 comment:

  1. kitchen looks AWESOME!
    awweee, for Sara's birthday, i know that made her excited!!
    YAY for haircuts and shopping days!
    Glad you enjoyed yourself!!

    ReplyDelete